Our Mission: To build a resilient manufacturing workforce prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the future.
The Manufacturing Institute builds a resilient manufacturing workforce prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the future. Through implementing groundbreaking programs, convening industry leaders and conducting innovative research, the MI furthers individual opportunity, community prosperity and a more competitive manufacturing industry. As the 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development and education affiliate of the National Association of Manufacturers, the MI is a trusted adviser to manufacturers, equipping them with solutions to address the toughest workforce issues.
The Manufacturing Institute envisions a world in which:
- Modern manufacturing is perceived positively with sought-after jobs;
- Manufacturers have an adequate supply of skilled creators;
- The competitive manufacturing industry enriches a prosperous global economy;
- The manufacturing industry inspires creativity and innovation that are felt at a global economic scale;
- A community of industry professionals and corporations fosters support and collaboration;
- Current and prospective manufacturing workforces are empowered to succeed through lifelong learning and skills training;
- The modern manufacturing workforce is reflective of our diverse communities and is offered equal opportunities; and
- A career in modern manufacturing positively strengthens the livelihood of not only the individual worker but also the American family.